Riverbed Technology - Passion for technology | Glassdoor

"Passion for technology"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The folks that work in engineering are AMAZINGLY talented. Very bright, easy to work with and I have never had any issues working with them due to personality, language barriers, etc. My previous experience has been quite a doozy and Riverbed is a refreshing change. Our team is treated very similar to a start up, so we work at a very quick pace and sometimes the deadlines are daunting, yet I've seen growth in my knowledge and understanding of systems as a whole. In general, this place is EXCELLENT and I would recommend it to any of my friends/colleagues that are looking for a change.

Cons

Well.. It's treated like a start up, so it's a lot of work. But, you get compensated fairly and also have *some* breathing room, so that's nice.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing. It's working.. :)

Other Employee Reviews for Riverbed Technology

1. "Amazing people, okay pay, great location"

Current Employee - Recruiting in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiting in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are absolutely amazing which makes it a great place to work. Pay is definitely not the most competitive in the area but if you like being in downtown SF this is the best established and still growing tech company around. The executive management team is super transparent which truly makes you feel that the work you are doing has an impact.

Cons

Pay could definitely be more competitive.

Advice to Management

Having a more flexible attitude about working remotely and paying more competitively will definitely raise the bar for recruiting and keeping talent in an ultra competitive market.

"Average place to work"

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Engineers are good/smart and get things done.

Cons

Lot of good engineers have left the company and the trend continues. People leave but it's bad when they leave because their reasonable expectations are not met.
    Company tends to hire managers from outside. Company is not for you if you want to climb up the ladder and be a Manager.
    You have to commute to the other office in the Bay Area at least once a week and arrange your transportation yourself. It costs you around 80 bucks a month if you live in SF like me and use Caltrain/Muni ($13.5 Caltrain, $4 Muni + Coffee at Caltrain station) to go to Sunnyvale once a week.
    Perks/compensation are pretty mediocre for a company in the valley.
    No tuition reimbursement. If you consider growing you career by taking courses while working this is not the place for you.
    Insider trading applies to everyone even if you have no clue about the financial health of the company.

Advice to Management

Address/understand employee needs. Invest in people It's people that make or break a company.