Riverbed Technology - Riverbed is a collaborative, supportive work environment. Employees are encouraged to thrive and challenge themselves. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology

"Riverbed is a collaborative, supportive work environment. Employees are encouraged to thrive and challenge themselves."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Riverbed has an open work environment, which helps the employees feel that they are able to approach people with questions confidently. The environment is positive and supportive, with the end goal the same across the board.

Cons

None so far. Riverbed has far exceeded my expectations!

Other Employee Reviews for Riverbed Technology

1. "In my Top Two of best companies I've worked at in the last 16 years."

Current Employee - Escalation Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Escalation Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home flexibility, good manager relationships, lots of benefits, lots of non-work activities

Cons

Too much work packed into 8 hours, too much emphasis placed on meeting SLAs ("the sky is falling" approach).

Advice to Management

Either hire more people or ease up on these internal SLAs that make the job all-the-less rewarding. More offloading of non-technical cases need to be *re-assigned* to other departments (e.g.RMA, Renewals). Sometimes I feel like a machine myself, going through technical issues as fast as possible without coming up for air, all in the name of delivering customer satisfaction. The case load is high and leaves less time to spend absorbing what was learned or learning new features of the product. In order to meet case-taking expectations, there is hardly anytime left for KCS, which is being touted as the #1 priority ... but is it, really? Sometimes I wonder. "Can you take a case?" :-)

2. "High speed aggressive company from which there is much to learn in any career area"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very talented employee base - working with highly intelligent poeple

Cons

work life balance is a challenge; long hours, weekends and holidays are expected

Advice to Management

Recognize the important work that middle managers and individual contributor do more formally.