Riverbed Technology - Consistently exceeding my expectations. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Riverbed Technology

"Consistently exceeding my expectations."

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a sales engineer I appreciate not being micro managed and allowed to run my own business as a regional team. Great comp plan and benefits. And the product actually works as advertised.

Cons

Some days can feel very fast paced due to the fact that we have five product lines.

Advice to Management

Keep giving us the product knowledge in the field and we will keep selling!

Other Employee Reviews for Riverbed Technology

1. "What it's like here.."

Current Employee - RPM in New York, NY
    Current Employee - RPM in New York, NY

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Riverbed is full of smart people who can execute. This ability to execute on an idea is what separates us from the competition. In addition, the management does look out for the employees and I never feel like "I'm just a piece of the puzzle" I strongly feel that I'm in charge of my own destiny at Riverbed.

Cons

Depending on your threshold for travel, certain jobs require extensive travel which may put a crimp on your home life. However, it's not like it's a surprise after being hired. Travel requirements are up front and centered when being hired.

Advice to Management

Please keep the small company agile feel to Riverbed. Thank you!

2. "Great culture and compensation packages"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and culture, good work/life balance. Lot of company sponsored activities both during the workday and outside of work (e.g. holiday parties, annual picnic, etc.). Working from home 1-2 days a week seems to be supported by multiple groups. Benefits are good and heavily subsidized by the company - a lot less out of my paycheck compared to previous companies. Compensation is competitive with, if not better than, many similar tech companies. Employee Stock Purchase Plan, which buys twice per year, is a nice addition to the stock options that vest over time.

Cons

Quarter ends can get a bit hectic for people in sales/management positions, but that's not that uncommon compared to other public companies. The vendor selected for public transit/parking benefits (Discovery Benefits) is not that great - the website is difficult to use and the debit/credit card provided doesn't work at some common Bay Area transit vendors.

Advice to Management

Keep working on smoothing out the OPNET integration.