Riverbed Technology - Great place to work. | Glassdoor

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely love the engineering team at Riverbed. I find minimal politics, lot of fun interaction. Engineering team is really smart and engaged.

Cons

Some churn in executive team. Need to organically grow new products out of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Riverbed Technology

"It's become just another public company since a year ago"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart engineers. The pay is decent.
    We all love the CEO (Jerry). He is very nice and down to earth. Very easy to approach and friendly.

Cons

The Culture has changed with the new management since a year ago. Most of the original Engineering exec left the company after their tenure and the whole culture went down the drain since then. I see a whole bunch of great engineers leaving recently. There is too much politics involved now that most of us are not happy about.

"Who is in charge"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great History and success. Jerry is a fantastic CEO with tons of enthusiasm and energy. Very personable and cares greatly about his company and people. Couldn't possibly be any nicer of a human being running a $1B company on this earth.

Cons

Finance and Channels running the company without communicating to engineering or field sales teams a clear and concise vision. This overloads engineering by bypassing the product management teams; of which all the long time stake holders are leaving or have left. Sales changes to comp plans targeting EPS growth could be better managed by thinning the thousands of overlays that contribute very little to the bottom line. Successful contributors are being squeezed out by ill communicated sales overlays and vertical focus in areas where growth is tapped out. Compensation plans are getting better in terms of thought going in to a region but the constant flux in alignments allows very few sales teams to achieve quota.

Advice to Management

Engineering is overwhelmed, Field teams are confused and no one is visibly in charge of the sales team. Programs of a failed sales VP (who has departed) are still marching forward. Slow the pace and allow focus on the multi product set. Allow contributors to be successful and stop placing faith in the unknown. Be a sales organization that drives amazing technology like the early days. Grow but reward those who consistently deliver.