Riverside Health System (Virginia) - Community Focused, Forward Facing | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Riverside Health System (Virginia)

"Community Focused, Forward Facing"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Newport News, VA
Former Employee - IT Manager in Newport News, VA

I worked at Riverside Health System (Virginia) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Close knit, 'family' type of employer despite being a substantially size regional employer.

Cons

Business units are granted more latitude to act than they probably should have. Many projects that require the same resources during the same time windows. Almost no central project/program management.

Advice to Management

Adapt a more centralized project/program management process to target success rather than chaos and delays.

Other Employee Reviews for Riverside Health System (Virginia)

1. "It is a very rewarding experience being able to float between the different offices."

Current Employee - Office Associate- Float Pool in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Office Associate- Float Pool in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Riverside Health System (Virginia) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It challenges me daily, due to each office performs the same functions differently. I am able to receive a taste of the different medical fields available on the chance a permanent position becomes available.

Cons

I am not guaranteed 40 hrs a week and the travel can become tedious. I am uncomfortable not knowing the protocols for the office and fear of making mistakes causes me much turmoil.

Advice to Management

They are understanding and support the float staff. I am happy with their management.

"Don't Plan on a Career"

Current Employee - Non-clinical Staff
    Current Employee - Non-clinical Staff

I have been working at Riverside Health System (Virginia) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large number of locations to work. Financially stable company. Good place to get some experience and build your resume.

Cons

They have a large number of management that bully their subordinates, and are inadequate to manage people, but the organization does nothing to fix this. The "good-ole-boy" network is still at large and ruling here. Human Resources has put in place some ridiculous employee policies and "writing-up" an employee is common place, and no real protection for employees if false statements are made. They have policies in place that are just smoke screens. This is NOT a professional environment. Women and minorities looking for a career, need not apply.

Advice to Management

The culture needs to change. The organization has sound principles, but your middle management is removing all threats to themselves and driving away good employees that could benefit the organization in the long run. Human Resources should be an advocate for the employees, not serving the Management. A professional employee should only be written up when a gross negligence has occurred or patient safety is truly impacted. BPA's are a joke as I have heard management comment to their employees that they know who has written which statements, and then the information is used to insult and ridicule the staff.