Riverside Healthcare - Food Service Supervisor | Glassdoor

"Food Service Supervisor"

Former Employee - Food Service Supervisor in Madisonville, TX
Former Employee - Food Service Supervisor in Madisonville, TX

I worked at Riverside Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We cared for the residents.I made diet changes, menus, staff scheduling,cleaning scheduling, care plans, hydrations, sanitation, all the issuse the came up I took care of these thing. The staff worked hard to keep everything in order also. We worked hard to keep all of the problems in order. We worked hard to keep all of the problems in the front of the office.

Cons

We had a hard time keeping things working all of the time and we tried to keep the staff in the order to get everything worked on. The ice machine, juice machine, and some painting needed to be done. They all tried to get the jobs done and the admin. would try to help with the problems.

Advice to Management

All staff went to the management and most of the problems did get taken care of. We did get upset with the new maangement and we all tried to get everything staight. We did work together and got the jobs fixed like we were suppose to do. We all run into problems and we all tried to get it made right.

Other Employee Reviews for Riverside Healthcare

1. "Riverside Robert G Miller Center is a beautiful facility with excellent nursing care"

Current Employee - Nurse in Kankakee, IL
    Current Employee - Nurse in Kankakee, IL

Pros

Short drive to work and the people I work with are professional and friendly

Cons

Tremendous work overload due to nursing shortage with unfriendly management. Cares about bottom line not quality of care for patients regardless of their advertising appearance.

Advice to Management

Get back to basics of quality of care for patients and respect for employees

"provides for various basic care needs to mental health patients admitted to psychiatric unit of hospital"

Current Employee - Mental Health Technician in Kankakee, IL
    Current Employee - Mental Health Technician in Kankakee, IL

Pros

Riverside is one of the largest employers in the area and requires minimal experience for entry level employees. Provides ample opportunities for staff to continue education and certification to remain relevant and excel in the medical field.

Cons

more focused on being profitable than providing excellent care and a healthy work environment for employees. Neglectful of lower staff criticism of operations and makes budget cuts from the bottom end rather than adjusting executive's salary. Manipulates staff surveys to skew results to show improving staff satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Communicate with the employees who actually provide care instead of relying on unit managers, who are frankly, more interested in money.