Riverside Healthcare - New Journey | Glassdoor

"New Journey"

Current Employee - Department Secretary in Kankakee, IL
Current Employee - Department Secretary in Kankakee, IL

I have been working at Riverside Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After 25 years in a financial industry my job like many other people was eliminated. Two months after, like many people, I was diagnosed with cancer and was treated at Riverside. It was during this time that I made the decision-I am going to work at Riverside. The staff made me feel like I was a friend, not a number. They were so caring, attentive and professional that I wanted to be part of this remarkable team.
I applied for a position that I knew I could "step right into" based on my experience. After three interviews and clerical testing I received the call. I did not get the job, they hired from within. I asked if there was something I could do differently next time and was told no, Riverside tries to promote from within if at all possible. While it was disappointing not being offered the position it was good to know they take care of their own first.
I was determined and after about six months I became an employee of Riverside. I am fortunate to work for a company that cares about their employees. I am proud to be part of this team and one of the nation’s top 100 hospitals. Riverside is one of the largest and most appealing employers in our area. My journey began over two years ago with Riverside and my plan is to retire from Riverside. A smile, eye contact, patience and kindness can mean everything to someone. I go home every night feeling good that I touched people in some way.

Cons

None that directly impact me.

Advice to Management

Rounding to continue assuring all employees they are important. It takes all deparments to make us a great organization,

Other Employee Reviews for Riverside Healthcare

"Tense and cut throat money is the only thing that motivates."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kankakee, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kankakee, IL

I worked at Riverside Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

some very good employees. Close if you live close.

Cons

Very cut throat. No motivation to go above for patients or co workers. Upper management removed from employees who actually work.

2. "Food Service Supervisor"

Former Employee - Food Service Supervisor in Madisonville, TX
    Former Employee - Food Service Supervisor in Madisonville, TX

I worked at Riverside Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We cared for the residents.I made diet changes, menus, staff scheduling,cleaning scheduling, care plans, hydrations, sanitation, all the issuse the came up I took care of these thing. The staff worked hard to keep everything in order also. We worked hard to keep all of the problems in order. We worked hard to keep all of the problems in the front of the office.

Cons

We had a hard time keeping things working all of the time and we tried to keep the staff in the order to get everything worked on. The ice machine, juice machine, and some painting needed to be done. They all tried to get the jobs done and the admin. would try to help with the problems.

Advice to Management

All staff went to the management and most of the problems did get taken care of. We did get upset with the new maangement and we all tried to get everything staight. We did work together and got the jobs fixed like we were suppose to do. We all run into problems and we all tried to get it made right.