Roc Search - Awesome company to work for! | Glassdoor
  1. "Awesome company to work for!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Roc Search full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the smooth on-boarding with Jhera to the awesome managers who help support continuous learning this is a great start and growth in your career! The incentive trips are an unforgettable experience - from Ibiza, Vegas and Dubai! I love how fun and upbeat the culture is!

Cons

All recruiting is hard your first year, be prepared to put in the work! I have been building my book of business and it has been tough to say the least - but with my constant managers and teams support, I am growing my career!

Advice to Management

Continue to support your employees with training!

Roc Search2019-09-03

"It's Worth the work!"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Roc Search full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Roc in January as a Business Manager and am fortunate to have been given the opportunity to now run the US business along with the help of my amazing team. I was lucky to be in a position that with my experience, I was able to have interviews at a lot of the major recruitment firms in NYC & for me, Roc edged it mainly because of the transparency from my Ceo, Conor Roughneen. Conor didn't promise me... the world, he promised me a fair opportunity, good pay and IF I did a good job, I would progress quickly and truthfully, Conor has followed through with absolutely everything promised. We moved into an amazing new space in Union Square, have to able to attract really impressive experienced recruiters in both Austin & NYC and are expanding to new offices across the US in 2020. Like any business, we are not perfect and there is a bunch of room for improvement but after working in recruitment for the past 8 years, I can hand on heart say I think Roc is a great place to work. I personally care about every single person across our US business and we aim to continue to create a positive, fun working environment, centered around giving our staff the tools & support to be successful. Oh and we are love an incentive trip! Las Vegas next week and Breckenridge, Colorado in the winter. Come join us!

Cons

It is HARD WORK! It really is. The first year in particular is really tough & until you become skilled at the job which can take months and months, really is about quantity of activity. Once you get past that hump, it get's a million times easier!

Advice to Management

The advice I give to our managers is around continuing to grow. For me, once you get to a senior level, the learning curve shouldn't slow and we should all be working towards constantly improving regardless of level.

Roc Search2019-08-07

"Zero work-life balance"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at Roc Search full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company outings are lavish and paid for

Cons

Absolutely zero work-life balance. CEO is a slave-driver that expects you to work hours far beyond what's advertised. The 8:30am - 6pm day often ends up being more like 8am - 7pm, as well as coming in on the weekends. Management makes you jump through hoops to take off even or hour or so to go to a doctor's appointment. The CEO, who lives in Austin, is inept to the point where he'll destroy client relationships by... being grossly inflexible and downright incapable of communicating effectively with them. Working here was a horrible mistake in my career, and I advise everybody to steer clear of this firm.

Advice to Management

Pass the US business off to somebody else! Conor Roughneen is out of touch with modern recruiting and shouldn't be running the US branch.

Roc Search2019-04-24

Discover more reviews about Roc Search.