Roche Bros. Supermarkets - Isn't as good as it used to be. Not the "family values" it once was | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Roche Bros. Supermarkets

"Isn't as good as it used to be. Not the "family values" it once was"

Current Employee - Order Picker
Current Employee - Order Picker

I have been working at Roche Bros. Supermarkets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close to home, easy to get to.

Cons

Not family oriented as it once was. Really cut-throat, don't treat their employees gently.

Advice to Management

Need to remember the core values, the family values that made the company great. Don't be so nasty to your employees -- they are your best sales force!!

Other Employee Reviews for Roche Bros. Supermarkets

1. "Could be better, could be worse."

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Roche Bros. Supermarkets part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you stay in one store long enough, you make a lot of friends and can genuinely enjoy working. They are pretty understanding when it comes to your personal life and try to help you out with time off and whatnot. Employees that work in the stores really go out of their way to help the customer; #1 in customer service.

Cons

Unless you work in the direct main office, trying to get a promotion is a crapshoot. If you don't know one of the higher ups in the company, your chances of getting the higher position drop dramatically. The pay raises aren't the greatest ever but you can't really complain too much about getting a raise every so often. I feel as if should we have complaints that they don't get answered and we would have a target on our back should we say something.

Advice to Management

Start giving promotions to people that deserve it and not people that are relatives of influencial people in the company. Focus on giving people within the company more opportunities to advance and not just hiring outside help. I feel that when i started with this company the "your family deserves the best" motto applied to the Roche Bros. employee family as well as the customers. Now i feel that upper management only sees dollar signs and not people. Treat us with respect, become more hands on and don't turn employees away when they need help. It's the people in all of the stores that keep this company running and not the few that sit behind a desk. They need to remember that and start embracing the family aspect again.

2. "Pretty average retail job."

Pros

Flexible schedule some opportunities for "advancement". Other than that this is typical retail.

Cons

Overworked / underpaid. this company is stuck in the dark ages when it comes to just about anything.