Roche - Very innovative and sustainably minded company focusing on high performance operations | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Roche

"Very innovative and sustainably minded company focusing on high performance operations"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in South San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Engineer in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Roche full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Leader in sustainability for the pharmaceutical industry

Cons

Adherence to Roche policies needed improving for Genentech operations during my tenure. I was often alone in pushing for the highest quality mechanical designs due to a lack of sufficient engineering oversight.

Advice to Management

Be sure that your engineering directors are licensed engineers so they have independent motivation for compliance with all applicable regulations and the judgement to discern quality.

Other Employee Reviews for Roche

"Products that Matter from People who Care"

I worked at Roche full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We had excellent benefits, great collaboration between functions, safe environment, great opportunities, fair performance reviews, excellent on-site personal services for employees, great on-site gym. Severance packages excellent. Proud to have had such a long-run with a Company who has produced so many life-saving and life-changing pharmaceuticals were discovered from Accutane to Interferon and from Vitamin C to Valium.

Cons

Since Roche purchased Genentech and all of Corporate has moved to South San Francisco, jobs are nonexistent. a Business decision was made to cancel many research projects, some have been transferred to Europe, and now the impending shut down of the Nutley campus leaves most employees looking for employment elsewhere.This infamous research so hard to miss on Route 3 or landing from the North into Newark Airport is scheduled to be fully shut down by January 2014.

Advice to Management

Continue to be compassionate and remember the human factor when you're sitting around the table making your strategic decisions about future directions, the employees loved our blessed Nutley site, and a way of life for us.

2. "Disappointing they did not value the relationship with PDI and the value the contract representatives brought to the org"

Former Employee - Clinical Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Clinical Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Roche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great manager, very helpful recuiter, trainer was very nice.

My counterpart that worked for the company contracting us was really great. I was lucky to have a good partner. We had the same goal, make sales. She was very supportive,

Cons

There was no face to face training. It was fine, just different. The parent company treated us like second class citizens. But if you were lucky enough to be paired up with some good parent company counterparts, the experience was great.

The health insurance was just ok. But at least we had health insurance.

Like a lot of PDI contracts we had to use our own cars and the reimbursement was not that great.

The biggest con was we were not hired on to be full-time reps. We worked on a contract for over two years really getting the word out to the HCPs and the company didn't think we were good enough to be part of their actual organization. If they thought there was a big problem, they should have fixed, retrained, and addressed that issue with the currents reps they had. We were very dedicated to moving their sales forward and in the end it was a slap in the face. Of course, there will always be reps that take advantage of the situation. But as a first time contract worker, I still took my sales and job just as seriously as I did when I was a direct hire.

Advice to Management

Value the employees that are dedicated to moving your business forward, contract sales force or direct hires.