Rocket Fuel - It's been a great transition | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rocket Fuel

"It's been a great transition"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Great support, smart people, everyone is accountable. It's good to work for a cutting edge technology provider in digital advertising.

Cons

Still a younger start up so name recognition is still a work in progress. Hard when your competitors have been a main staple in the industry for a few more years.

Advice to Management

Be clear about this amount of travel up front, was a bit surprised when I started that I would be gone my first three weeks on the road.

Other Employee Reviews for Rocket Fuel

"Seek the Alternative?!"

Former Employee - Top Engineering Professional in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Top Engineering Professional in Redwood City, CA

Pros

All in all, the compensation is fairly compared with similar jobs elsewhere, in some cases it may even be lower due to the start up nature of the company. moreover, the benefits package is similar to other employers - but nothing to get overly excited about.

Information and knowledge sharing on a functional level happens routinely.

Cons

Surprising enough the company was founded by ex-NASA, Yahoo! and DoubleClick employees; however, they're presenting a "buy-low and sell-high" advertising model .. Nothing to technologically advanced here. You would think there's something a little more earth shattering and revolutionary would support the companies business model - not the case.

I question the true opportunities for professional growth, and the opportunity for career advancement at Rocket Fuel. I'd like to see the company grow a little more prior to me recommending them to friends and colleagues - simply too early to tell where they'll end up.

I'm not sure what's really shared in way of essential details, but I think management shares certain issues (35%) and data around changes and initiatives. Sometimes the employees feel a lack of pertainant detail.

Management feedback can be negative; I rarely received uplifting critiques about job performance - even though I was one of the top contributors. Competence of Senior management, and Leadership abilities of Senior management remain questionable. I would have liked to have received more recognition and praise when I did a good job.

They really do not offer a career pathing model, nor do they have an effective succession planning model; It kind of happens as it goes - if it happens at all. I don't believe there is an exact framework on how promotions are given.

I remain neutral on recommending Rocket Fuel as a place to work.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and they'll take care of you. Being in a leadership position doesn't mean you're a leader. Leaders have vision, compassion, vision, integrity, and motivating qualities.

2. "HR Manager"

I worked at Rocket Fuel full-time

Pros

Great perks, lunch/food/drinks etc, great location

Cons

Career path unsure, competitive market space