Rocket Wagon - A stellar small team to learn from | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rocket Wagon

"A stellar small team to learn from"

Current Employee - Intern Web Developer in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Intern Web Developer in Chicago, IL

Pros

As an intern, I worked alongside the CTO, got some hands on project management experience and committed code to be used in production code bases. The work is well-defined, fast-paced and exciting. I have learned an incredible amount in my time with Rocket Wagon, in no small part due to the fact that I was given so much trust to complete the tasks assigned to me. I was allowed to learn from failure, rather than fear it. All of this together with a team that is easy to get along with make Rocket Wagon a great place to work.

Cons

As a small company, focuses change and things will come up that require shifting gears to meet new challenges. Rocket Wagon is not a place for those who wish to be told precisely what to work on every day.

Advice to Management

The small-team, senior developer-heavy work environment really seems to keep things moving quickly, and also fosters an amazing workplace to bring in and train newer developers alongside the seasoned veterans. Be careful not to lose this dynamic.

Rocket Wagon Response

Aug 4, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide a thoughtful review of your experience at Rocket Wagon! Every employee contributes to the culture and work environment and we're glad you were able to not... More

Other Employee Reviews for Rocket Wagon

"Fun, flexible work environment"

I have been working at Rocket Wagon full-time

Pros

- Great technology stack
    - Fun, laid back work environment
    - Freedom to help drive direction of company
    - Ability to choose technology, work style, and hours that work best for you

Cons

- Hard to find free parking in Fulton Market
    - Office will need to be moved into a bigger space soon

Advice to Management

Hire more awesome developers. Move into bigger space. Make sure there's always coffee in the coffee maker and LaCroix in the fridge.

"Top of my list!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Mar del Plata (Argentina)
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Mar del Plata (Argentina)

I have been working at Rocket Wagon part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked with RW and its leadership for several years and seen they grow into a smart, transparent, fun company to work with. I am a latinamerican woman and have never felt discrimitated, on the contraty. The leadership listens and values their employees' input and contribution, regardless of who they are and where they are from.
    I hope I get to work with RW many more years. They are at the top of the list of companies I have worked with!

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep growing but sleep every now and then :-)