Rockwell Automation - Great work environment. | Glassdoor

"Great work environment."

Former Employee - Assembly in Richland Center, WI
Former Employee - Assembly in Richland Center, WI

Pros

Was rewarded for my effort

Cons

lost the companies half of my 401k when I was laid off

Advice to Management

enjoyed working with you guys

Other Employee Reviews for Rockwell Automation

"Secrets Abound"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Great co-workers and mostly friendly atmosphere among them. Most distributors are professional and easy to work with. When they are out of line, management did make a point to correct any issues.

Cons

Few opportunities for growth. Very intolerant of employees expressing their opinions. They kind of have to keep their heads down, grin, and bear it.

Advice to Management

Don't hide the facts from employees. Everyone there is an adult and there is no reason to have everything be so covert.

2. "Good Company, Bad managers"

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer Intern in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer Intern in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Salary, Benefits, Engineers are helpful, and nice working environment. Mainly you have your own laptop and you come in and execute your work in a timely manner.

Cons

My project manager was horrible. I was a intern and he just told me how and what to do. Most of the times he wrongly informed me. He never informed me of the over all knowledge of what i was doing. If i solved a problem or situation and it was not identical to his answer, he assumed it was incorrect. He mainly tried to sabotage my work. He would give me a project to do and also give me unnecessary tasks to do with the project. Though I still completed the task in a timely manner, he would say it took longer than it should. Then when I asked him about the unnecessary tasks, he didn't have an answer. I was informed that the tasks was unnecessary because other engineers informed me not to do those tasks. They were also unaware why he would tell me to do the tasks.

Advice to Management

I think that they need to have a better Internship program. Only have managers involved that will have a positive atmosphere with the intern.