Rockwell Automation - Good company, good pay, long hours | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Automation

"Good company, good pay, long hours"

Former Employee - GPT IT Team Member in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - GPT IT Team Member in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Rockwell Automation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rockwell (formerly Allen Bradley) has been a foundation in Milwaukee for a long time. The pay is really good, depending on which project you are working on. It is close to downtown and there are great places to eat. There was no lack of work, so job security was not an issue. The cafeteria is pretty kick ass, too.

Cons

Management on the project I worked on over-committed a lot. We worked long hours, including weekends and holidays (though holiday work was compensated well). The building is NOT meant to be an office building. There are no windows anywhere, so at times you feel like you are in a prison. On the SAP project, the path for promotion is almost non-existent.

Advice to Management

Be realistic in scope and commitment to timelines. Recognize the hard work of employees 100% more than you currently do.

Other Employee Reviews for Rockwell Automation

1. "Challenging, rewarding."

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Mauston, WI
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Mauston, WI

I worked at Rockwell Automation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, strong emphasis on community involvement. Given the leeway to work through problems. The company seemed to care about their employees and was flexible. Most plants were smaller in size which allowed management to get to know the floor workers.

Cons

Lacked vision, shut down plants that were profitable to feed product lines into large, inefficient facilities. At times new programs came down from corporate HQ that were counter-intuitive to being efficient. They shut down some of their plants that they had recognized as LEAN centers of excellence. Gave LEAN manufacturing a bad name.

Advice to Management

Get out to the production floor and see what is really going on, don't base all of your decisions on the P&L

2. "A Bitter Sweet Experience"

Former Contractor - Tester, Assembly, Material Handler in Mequon, WI
    Former Contractor - Tester, Assembly, Material Handler in Mequon, WI

I worked at Rockwell Automation as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

some of the people really tried to work and encourage me. I learned alot about variious aspects of Material Handling,Shipping,Assembly, and Testing. The Engineers were very helpful,and taught me alot about the company,and the Manufacturing process.

Cons

Was not able to connect with the right people to get placed permanently. Could have used more guidance in finding the right direction.

Advice to Management

Give more clues as to what direction would be best for job candidates.