Rockwell Collins - Under appreciated and under paid | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rockwell Collins

"Under appreciated and under paid"

Current Intern - Senior Undergraduate Intern in Houston, TX
Current Intern - Senior Undergraduate Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at Rockwell Collins as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

The great thing is that they do not micro manage you.

Cons

As an intern you are heavily underpaid and under appreciated for doing the same job as everyone else.

Advice to Management

Raise the hourly salary for an intern to compete with other firms and make more ways to appreciate your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Rockwell Collins

"Once Very Good, Now Not So Much"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is possible to learn quite a bit here and have the opportunity to work on some very special programs. When you do complete a project, it can be a very rewarding feeling. When I started at this company, it was the first time I felt like I could be working for my last employer in my life.

Cons

This company suffers from making good and even great engineers into managers. As managers, they tend to be very poor and morale suffers accordingly. Some managers are permitted to simply bully employees in ways that would never be permitted if their leadership observed it. Unfortunately, managers at the Richardson, TX campus rarely suffer any real scrutiny by their superiors from Cedar Rapids. Every successful project witnessed was run by a project manager and every unsuccessful project witnessed was run by some poor engineer told to be a project manager. The magic is over and I see this company headed downwards with an exceptional emphasis on making sure that we meet or beat stock market expectations.

Advice to Management

Let great engineers be great engineers. Help them find a career path that lets them expand upon being great engineers. Hire good managers and stop making successful engineers into bad managers. It isn't a reward and many good engineers have been lost this way. Use more project managers and stop making junior engineers into project managers.

"Great People, Limited Resources"

Current Employee - Env-Health & Safety Engineer in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Env-Health & Safety Engineer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Rockwell Collins full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible Work Environment
    Generous Vacation Package
    Wellness Conscious with Programming and Activities Provided
    Diverse Work Environment
    Employees are Respectful and "Get the Job Done"

Cons

Limited Resources Available to Effectively Perform (IT issues with computers, old conference room equipment, cell phones provided are very dated with no data plans or other productivity tools)
    Supervisors do not always take accountability to enforce requirements or micro manage employees.

Advice to Management

Worry about the "What" and not the "How". Invest in your employees to increase productivity and moral.