Roehl Transport - Driver oriented company | Glassdoor

"Driver oriented company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very driver oriented. I've been here 10 years, I've been OTR, I've been local. I've always been treated with respect. I had problems with one dispatcher, Roehl made it right.

Cons

Pay raises are hard to come by. As a local, don't expect one. The one place that irritates me is pay. Yes, I get paid well, but we should be getting annual reviews and raises. OTR, regional, dedicated are offered raises based on preformance, however the catch is amount of loads and miles. Drivers can't control that. Some dispatchers along with the owners love to micro manage. Roehl is taking full advantage of technology.

Advice to Management

The micro managing in most cases is unnecessary. The lane mitigation, unnecessary. Adaptive cruise control, unnecessary. All this waste could go to higher wages and bugger bonuses or larger profit sharing.

Roehl Transport2017-06-25

"Excellent Company"

Current Employee - OTR Driver Trainer in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent equipment, communication with fleet managers excellent, hardly any downtime. Respectful of requests to avoid NYC (I understand it's only a request). Wonderful home time very flexible. CDL training was excellent. Roehl has kept.every promise they have made to me thus far and I've honored my end as well.

Cons

Overall pay is kinda low

Advice to Management

Send preplan to the driver as soon as its assigned. Dont wait till the empty call. An idea of what I'm doing next before I'm sitting at the customer empty figuring it out would be appricated.

Roehl Transport2019-11-05
  2. "Great place to get started"

Former Employee - Corporate Trust Analyst in Marshfield, WI

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company and my dispatcher valued my safety. That was very important to me. If I didn't feel comfortable with either the load, the equipment, or some regulation grey area, my dispatcher always worked with me to get it right. I always got home when I needed to and never had a problem getting time off. I vary rarely sat around waiting for my next assignment. This was a great place to get my CDL and get on the road.

Cons

The trucks weren't always the newest. I drove one good truck and two older ones. I broke down a few times more than I thought was reasonable. I guess the pay could have been more, but if you're just starting out, it wasn't terrible.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Thank you for allowing me to work with you.

Roehl Transport2020-01-13

Discover more reviews about Roehl Transport.