Rogers Communications - Rewarding Career Development | Glassdoor

"Rewarding Career Development"

Current Employee - Director in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Director in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Rogers Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Provides opportunity for career development and progression. Excellent work environment if you enjoy a fast pace, constant change and being challenged each day; great team spirit as well. I've joined Rogers 7 years ago and have had the good fortune of advancing my career based on hard work and empowerment. It's not always easy but in the end it is rewarding. Great benefits and compensation but it's the people that make the difference.

Cons

Work/Life balance can be challenging but mostly it's a personal choice vs. expectation.
From my vantage point the past 7 years, never had any issues that would be considered a con to being employed by Rogers. I've worked at a few places in my time and can honestly say Rogers has been the most fulfilling. Of note, there is contradictory priorities within the company at times that may cause confusion but we get through it either way.

Advice to Management

Let's focus on Cx Experience more than ever while maintaining the healthy balance between revenue and operational expense. In the end, our main focus is the Cx and their experiences and that should the driving force behind all decisions.

Other Employee Reviews for Rogers Communications

1. "Corporate does a very good blend of working hard while maintaining a good work environment"

Current Contractor - Claims Analyst in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Current Contractor - Claims Analyst in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Rogers Communications as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Skills building and development. Good structure, hard work is well rewarded. Management tries their best to be available at all times and take personal efforts to try and connect with you whenever they get the chance. The pay is reasonably good compared to other companies out there

Cons

Inter-department collaboration isn't really structured properly.

Advice to Management

Customers! Customers! Customers! and then the Employees! Focus on them, they are the driving force, very very passionate about what they do and this company!

"Rogers Media"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Rogers Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great facilities, coworkers and brands. Best products in the business. Centralized offices.

Cons

Top heavy management committees, not enough worker bees, in-fighting due to structure. Leaders who don't appreciate what can be gained by listening.

Advice to Management

Focus on the product and the talent creating the product. Lose the Managers whose job focus is on creating obstacles, unnecessary work, and managing up.