Rogers Corporation - Both the Best and Worst Place I've Worked | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rogers Corporation

"Both the Best and Worst Place I've Worked"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Rogers, CT
Former Employee - Process Engineer in Rogers, CT

Pros

The top management of my division and my direct supervisor were the best I've encountered. Very much engaged and supportive of their people. They appreciated my contribution and rewarded it generously.

Cons

The most toxic corporate culture I've ever seen. The hourly peoples' union is militantly anti-management and encourages openly contemptuous treatment of anyone in a professional position. Also, many in the R&D department regard anyone involved in manufacturing as little better than a trained monkey. Upper management seems to have a flawed grasp of business principles and has pursued several disastrous acquisitions. Bob Wachob makes no secret of his distaste for the manufacturing side of the business.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves. You don't walk on water. There's too much arrogance in the corporate culture that needs to be toned down.

Other Employee Reviews for Rogers Corporation

1. "Rogers Corporation is an Awesome Company to work for!!!"

Current Employee - Associate in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Associate in Chandler, AZ

Pros

Rogers Corporation cares about its employees.
    good benifits
    good working conditions and the job is like childs play. Its that easy .
    our new safety guy Brian really cares about the employees welfare. Brian actively promotes a safe working environment.-
    good pay.
    even in a down economy we got several quarterly and annual bonuses
    Rogers corp. actively promotes continuing education as a way for advancement if one choices that route.
    The outgoing CEO Mr. Bob Wachob lead Rogers Corporation thru many sucessful years and helped open the door so we as a company can get into the LARGEST economy in the world. Bob was worth every nickel he received in his exit package.
    The new CEO Mr. Bruce Hoechner has a decade of experience in china and seems to have excellent foresight. maybe Bruce will get us to the billion dollar in sales goal.

WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY BUT ROGERS CORPORATION HAS BEEN AWESOMELY KIND TO ME.

Cons

pessimism in some employees really is a mental drain. But i am always learning new ways to optimize their pessimism.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and please start actively promoting optimism and get rid of all the employees who feel they owe the company nothing but expect the world.

Thank you.

2. "Overall good company"

Former Employee - General Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - General Manager in Chandler, AZ

Pros

Opportunities for Learning and sharing councils
    Sharing Councils

Cons

Somewhat political
    Company is static in revenue growth

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in business development to grow revenue opps