Employee Review

Former Intern

Good Experience

May 25, 2021 - Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Live projects, good exposure to clients

Cons

Heavy work load, communication can be indirect

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good to work at

Aug 1, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

High-end strategy projects, nice team, interesting industries, opportunities to be involved

Cons

Limited industries, smaller offices, extremely high utilization

Roland Berger Response

HR Specialist / HR Marketing & Employer Branding

Dear colleague, we highly appreciate your positive feedback, thank you very much!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great growth opportunities. Weak on diversity.

Jul 17, 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rapid growth in the USA means great opportunities for individual professional growth. Ability to quickly develop expertise. Flexibility in terms of which practices and verticals one develops in. Several members of US leadership are extraordinarily kind, classy, caring and display very high personal integrity. Very international firm.

Cons

The US operation is very small compared to Europe and Asia. Professional training require a week-long trip to Europe - which causes delays in standard employee training. The company is not effective in onboarding mid-career industry hires. Few (if any) internally-developed female partners. Very poor African American and Hispanic representation in the USA.

Continue reading

Roland Berger Response

HR Senior Expert

We are glad employees are finding the experience at Roland Berger individually enriching and additive to the growth of their careers. We take pride in creating an environment that enables development and opportunities for all employees to make large contributions to the culture and operation of the firm. We recognize the need to continuously evolve to meet the needs of clients, all employees, and communities. To this effort, we are adjusting and responding to the onboarding needs of lateral and industry hires, established a DEI lead and council, and invested in several initiatives to attract and retain women, Black, Hispanic, and LGBTQ+ colleagues. Some of these initiatives include Global Managing Director mentors for female Principals, industry-leading parental leave policies and flexible work schedules, inaugural participation in the National Black MBA and Reaching Out MBA conferences, and training on DEI topics throughout the organization. Our ambition is to reflect the communities we live in and our team is pursuing these goals with the excellence, entrepreneurship, and empathy that drive every aspect of our business.

Discover more reviews about Roland Berger.