Rollins - Good company with ridiculous policies | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rollins

"Good company with ridiculous policies"

I have been working at Rollins full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

financially strong and well run. Executives operate ethically.

Cons

Policies are absurd. Men can't have facial hair and must wear ties, women must wear hose. Additionally, I agree w/ previous poster on tardiness. They monitor your badge swipes (when you enter the exterior doors) and if you show up on the "tardy" report twice, you're subject to termination. One time, they took pictures of the parking lot at 8:00 AM and then again at 8:30 AM to show who was late and posted these pictures throughout the home office. I felt like I was in kindergarten again. what's next - bathroom passes??? EMBARRASSING

Advice to Management

Stop treating professionals like little children.

Other Employee Reviews for Rollins

1. "Lacking"

Pros

The job provides me with some flexability to my schedule and allows me to determine how to structure my day.

Cons

Don't really feel like a Rollins employee. Company is vast and has many divisions. Kind of left to our own devises.

"If you like to work hard for little benefit or advancement, this is the place for you."

Pros

Execs do a good job keeping the company profitable, pursue growth through acquisitions. Good at maintaining technical reputation in the industry, marketing function is doing great work.

Cons

Exempt employees are required to clock in at 8 am or face disciplinary action (suspension) for multiple tardies, no matter how many hours actually worked in a day (or on weekends, or responding to emails at all hours of the day or night). Senior managers are allowed to behave like spoiled children -- it's OK for them to have temper tantrums, harass people at lower levels of the company and foster fear and distrust within the organization with no negative consequences.

Advice to Management

I am not the enemy, I am not a thief. You would not have to grow through acquisition if you actually leveraged the abilities of the people who already work here.