"If You Get an Offer, RUN! RUN! Why Did You Even Interview There? ARE YOU DESPERATE?"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Roostify full-time for more than a year

Pros

I met some nice people there. Most of them have fled the dumpster fire, but we're still in touch.

Cons

When I started, Roostify was the company to work for with its great culture, female tech leads, concern for one another's humanity, and some great tech features to build! And then the CTO stepped down, a new guy came in, and pretty soon, all the folks who would know what's going on in the decision-making meetings began to leave. In droves. Droves! Especially the women. But then everyone. There was no one in engineering who wasn't looking. Meanwhile, when I left, no engineers had been interviewed or hired in over 10 months. Contractors were eventually brought in, but only about 20% filling the vacated positions. And it isn't just engineering that is fleeing that place. Good news, though: If you look like the folks at the top in ethnicity, gender, and background, there's a good chance they'll hire you! And then you can be incompetent, too! Ask the latest hires how competent they are--don't worry if it takes them awhile to get back to you. I'm sure they're trying to figure out the answer. TIP: If you're interviewing there, don't tell HR how diversity or respect in a workforce is really important to you. That won't go over well at all.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Feeling taken care of."

5.0
    Current Employee - Mortgage Software Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Roostify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee benefits are just awesome. Both traditional (insurance, etc) and additional (lunches, snacks, etc). Every engineer is a real gem. No mediocrity.

Cons

So far, not sure if I found any. Work/life balance is just great. Will update if discover something cons'y :)

Continue reading

"Do not live up to their core values"

1.0

I have been working at Roostify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employees are talented and motivated but facing an upward battle against leadership.

Cons

Leadership does not value employees. They do not put people first as their core values state. Roostify has a very high turn over rate. Many talented people leave shortly after 1 year anniversary very disenchanted by the toxic environment that comes from the top.

Discover more reviews about Roostify.