Roots Canada - Do you think these kind of places ever change? | Glassdoor
  1. "Do you think these kind of places ever change?"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Roots Canada part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I did meet a lot of people from around the world, the clothing and products are high quality, so I did feel confident in my sales ability. Regarding what I wrote in the cons, I did meet some amazing people here.

Cons

Poisonous work culture. I almost committed suicide when I worked here because of the bullying. This was around 5 years ago and I don't work there anymore, but I still think of those days and how negative it was with the gossip. It did significantly better once some instigators left, but I think part of it was also the pressure that head office puts onto key holders/management or something, because I could see how... people who were normal became like different people in this work place. It was my first and only time I experienced workplace bullying outside of high school.

Advice to Management

Don't really know what to say, I don't think it's normal what I experienced because I've worked several other jobs and never had this kind of treatment. I feel I can finally leave a review of my experience working for this company now that it has been many years later so I've been more distanced from it. Even though there is/was an employee help line at the store that I was able to use, it's kind of like as useful... as when someone in highschool is being bullied/whispered about/drama and counselors cannot do much to help.

Roots Canada2019-07-18
  1. "I like it but I'm a college student."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Roots Canada part-time for more than a year

Pros

I get paid $13.50 which is way better than the Virginia minimum wage of 7.50. I get 50% off everything which is great. I work with other college students so it's fun.

Cons

There's no benefits for part time workers. We can't use the discount online.

Roots Canada2019-01-23
  2. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Roots Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, good benefits and great products

Cons

Management doesn't really listen to the field

Roots Canada2019-09-02

Discover more reviews about Roots Canada.