Rosendin Electric - Extra Special Company | Glassdoor

"Extra Special Company"

Current Contractor - Administrative/Special Projects Coordinator in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Rosendin Electric as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Rosendin is a company that strives to not only enhance the quality of professional skills and knowledge, of each of its employees; it, also strives to do the same for those working on assignment as contractors.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

The only advice I would give, would be to allow employees who are hired to provide administrative support to a project’s onsite senior project manager/electrical team with the option to work onsite with the team and become involved in the project’s day-to-day operations and special projects. I say this from experience because Rosendin gave me this priceless opportunity in 2007 when I was hired to work as a contractor assigned to provide administrative support to Rosendin’s electrical team working onsite at the UC Berkeley campus during construction of the Sutardja Dai Hall, part of the CITRIS/Davis Hall North Project. Initially I worked as an administrative assistant, and later was given special projects to coordinate by the onsite senior project manager. The assigned projects required frequent interaction with the project’s general contractor, university professionals, subcontractors, various construction trades and other levels of professional titles, which made it mandatory for me to learn how to work as a true team player and its importance while participating in the process project management. Because of Rosendin, I learned to lead and manage myself as an individual working with others that totaled in numbers on a scale larger than I had ever worked with before. Upon its completion, working on this project with Rosendin represented and continues to represent my most memorable and rewarding work experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Rosendin Electric

1. "Great place to work, but could not advance"

Former Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Rosendin Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paychecks were good every payday, had all the tools we needed,

Cons

Needed to get rid of the Sacramento Super. aka BM

Advice to Management

Get rid of the Sacramento Super.

2. "Very Poor Senior Management Decisions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Rosendin Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great for employees/families

Cons

- I was discriminated against for a promotion due to my health
    - Management doesn't listen to the employees
    - Management highly favors long time employees whom are friends with

Advice to Management

Keep your personal friendships outside of the office. Learn to listen to your employees, just because someone is in a management/supervisor role does not mean they are capable of the duties