Rosetta - Good place to start a career fresh out of school | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rosetta

"Good place to start a career fresh out of school"

Current Employee - Chief Grunt in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Chief Grunt in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Rosetta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good new hire program, Excellent staff, Challenging clients.

Cons

Governed by the Parent company, challenges with staffing

Advice to Management

bli av Publicis

Other Employee Reviews for Rosetta

"Exit stage right--there's a reason people are leaving in droves"

I have been working at Rosetta full-time

Pros

Smart, friendly, and talented people, some who actually care and you'll enjoy working with despite the cons
    Most see it now as a job if you're in a pinch, but don't expect to stay forever
    You will be exposed to some great ideas and maybe learn a thing or two

Cons

It wasn't this way years ago, but since the growth and buyout-->
    -Low talent retention higher than the industry standard
    -New staff in all sorts of disciplines often leave within 3 months for better environment
    -Long timers are leaving because there is no end in sight to the problems
    -Expect to work the load of two people, working weekends, nights, holidays, religious holidays common
    -Pay 10-15% lower than competitors
    -Lack of traffic people and a singular process for all locations results in utter chaos and inevitably someone takes the fall, do not rely on project managers to be traffic, though they are supposed to, do not expect clear communication from account, just get out your glass ball and see if you can figure it out for yourself
    -Expect to do your job and that of project managers and account
    -Agency is 100% account-centric--account people are a "protected class" that can do no wrong and even when they do, in fact will get rewarded for your work, but you won't
    -Treats staff like a commodity and easily replaceable
    -Don't expect any support from managers/associate partners, many seem illequipped at actually managing their staff

Advice to Management

Stop promising a process (how many years now?) and actually put one in place
    Improve the performance review process and remove the popularity contest aspect
    Don't be a cheerleader, be a DO-er. Don't focus on things like resource swaps that mean nothing to the every day and DO focus on things that impact us every day--our work flow, reasonable workload, salary.
    Take a look--the writing's on the wall--literally, why are you ignoring it? We don't trust you, we don't trust our managers, we don't trust we'll have a job in a year and we DO know it will be better somewhere else.

2. "The culture and people were great, I wish the internship was a bit more directed."

Former Intern - User Experience Designer in Cleveland, OH
    Former Intern - User Experience Designer in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Rosetta as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part of working here as an intern was definitely the people I met and worked with. They welcomed me in immediately and made sure I did not feel lost. They are talented, friendly, and passionate about their work. Another pro was that I had the option of exploring and working with different teams, from user research to UX to visual design. The culture at Rosetta is also more easy-going, friendly, and fun. The Cleveland office was recently renovated and is absolutely beautiful.

Cons

I think they had not had a User Experience Design intern before, so they know how I should be contributing to the teams, and my experience was a bit unstructured. Some times I found myself wishing there was more to do. I would have liked the internship to be more directed.