Rosetta Stone - Don't do it!! | Glassdoor

"Don't do it!!"

I have been working at Rosetta Stone (More than a year)

Pros

Best salary in the Harrisonburg area.
Casual work environment

Cons

The decent salary is not enough to compensate for the ridiculous work you have to do enforcing b.s. policies that even the employees don't agree with. Try telling someone that they get to practice in Studio "more often" after the top brass cuts the sessions from unlimited 1 hour sessions to 2 25 minute sessions per month. News flash to customers: You don't have to tell me you think it's ridiculous because I know and I agree with you.

Upper management is uneducated, almost never in the office, and does not take agent or customer feedback into account. They persecute talented, well educated people they don't like and hire folks who can barely operate a computer. They for sure love kiss ups and even an employee with real talent will not advance if they don't make nice with these people.

Our CEO has never completed one of our programs. Even our lowest paid employees in Customer Care are required to use it.

Policies change too much and too often for our customers to keep track of. The employees certainly can't. The departments do not talk to each other and the company often looks bad because of miscommunications due to the lack of interaction.

Oh yeah one more thing....that program you are being charged almost $500 for only costs us about $40 to make.

Advice to Management

Get a CLUE. Come down and spend some time in the trenches with your staff. Get off your high horse and start thinking about your customers and less about your bottom line.

Other Employee Reviews for Rosetta Stone

1. "Exactly wat has been said here"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Get paid to learn a language(s)

Cons

deal w/ bs & 0 ZERO support to help you sell.
    You get minimum wage & commission on what you sell. if you dont sell, you wont be making much money.

Advice to Management

You shouldnt have sold-out to a VC company. It all went downhill from there
    And, what able accountability? I have seen none.
    Either upper management is oblivious to what is really going on -or- plain stupid.

2. "Good experience"

I worked at Rosetta Stone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rosetta Stone has a very professional approach of the Customer Success. People in the company are enthusiastic and nice to work with.

Cons

Strategic decisions are taken to find short-term solutions. Too many changes in the organization have a negative impact on motivation and productivity.

Advice to Management

Be careful not to demotivate your best collaborators by taking only short-term decisions.