Ross Stores - Working enviroment needs work, pay not great... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores

"Working enviroment needs work, pay not great..."

Current Employee - Cash Office in Hayward, CA
Current Employee - Cash Office in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules, managers are okay ...

Cons

Sometimes unprofessional and employees dont have very positive attitudes

Advice to Management

Give raises because the workers deserve it!

Other Employee Reviews for Ross Stores

"Stingy Stingy Company!"

Current Employee - N/A in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - N/A in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best reasons to work at Ross are the co-workers. Very diverse. Most of the employees really get along well and work great as a team. OK if you want to work full time or get into management.

Cons

Overworked. Very underpaid. The work itself is not bad, your just not compensated for it. If you get offered a higher position beware before you take it. Most of the time it's just more responsibility for you and more hours for the same amount of pay. You get a raise once a year, so most likely you will stay close to minimum wage no matter how long you work there.

Advice to Management

Don't share employee info. with other employees. Not good management ethics!

"Assistant Store Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tukwila, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tukwila, WA

I worked at Ross Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    Multi cultural teams
    Internal promotion opportunities
    Flexible

Cons

They once were a great company when I started. But as the years have went by and I have been in many stores the companies thoughts went wrong. It is about making the most money and thus giving us little payroll and giving senior management a huge workload. Unfortunately they have also chosen to higher outside Store Managers who do not have a clue and the managers under end up doing portions of the Store Mangers responsibility. Ross has lost its original appeal and is heading in a terrible direction. Good luck with any HR issues or management issues. No one will listen, they act like it but nothing ever comes from it. Very disappointed. I just recently left the company, trust me when I say there are much better work environments at other retail companies.

Advice to Management

Really hold people accountable, be realistic when you come to a store chances are they have spent tons of payroll planning and cleaning up a hot mess. The majority of the Store Managers do not work there 45 hours and many Assistants as well. A lot of favoritism is going on in the stores and a lot more corporate visits and DM visits would really let the staff know corporate cares about them and store condition.