Ross Stores - Friendly | Glassdoor

"Friendly"

Current Employee - Cashier in Cypress, TX
Current Employee - Cashier in Cypress, TX

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Associates and Managers are Friendly, and they correct your mistakes in a friendly manner. They are understanding when you take longer then expected (as a new employee). Happy to see when a customer find what they are looking for and more. It's also great when your able to help an customer.

Cons

I hear some gossip about other employees. Not all associates look happy to work there.

Advice to Management

Properly train new employees in their area or give them a manual explaining what they are suppose to be doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Ross Stores

1. "Everyone is genuinely positive"

Current Employee - Area Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Area Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being that this is my first job, I can't say too much. However, the workers seem like a team here. There is a lot of different tasks to be done if you get scheduled in different areas. Management is friendly and I haven't had problems with scheduling very often.

Cons

Tasks are very fast paced. Its almost impossible to keep the store clean. Certain tasks can get monotonous if management schedules you with the same thing all the time.

Advice to Management

Give new associates a little more one on one training for the first two weeks.

"Lacks clear direction & focus from leadership. Runs their employees to the ground without compensation."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Ross Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I learned a lot working from Ross at this point in my career. It taught me what to look for from future leadership partners and companies that I work for as well as what type of leader I do (and don't) want to be. I'm thankful I had this experience so I'll know what red flags to look for so I'll hopefully never have it again.

Cons

There is no true opportunity for growth or development here. This company lacks creativity, integrity, moral standards and core values. There are no priorities for their employees well being or a sense of balance in the work place. The employees are all over-worked and under-paid, from corporate to field. They lack the ability to maintain a balance between being open to change and new ideas while staying true who they are as a business. The employees are miserable and the HR department should be taken to the labor board.