Ross Stores - let me tell you about me experience so far...... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores

"let me tell you about me experience so far......"

Current Employee - Management in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Management in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Within the retail world, this company is growing leaps and bounds. The opportunity for advancement is up to you. The environment in the store if managed right can be team building & fun. The discount and benefits are awesome compared to other retailers. Support from management overall is great. The company is always looking to update and improve the jobs on every level. If you like to be busy, there is always plenty of work to go around. When stores succeed, they are rewarded thru monthly parties, and have employee of the month, which shows a level of appreciation.

Cons

Pay is not very competitive, especially for dedicated, loyal workers. This seems to be the consensus across the board. At times the work is demanding and the company has goals & expectations that are not realistic at the sales floor level, including enough pay to handle tasks and customers (something must be neglected). Some of the stores show severe wear & tear, this makes for a less pleasurable shopping experience. Sometimes the workload and team pressure creates a negative environment and atmosphere.

Other Employee Reviews for Ross Stores

"I learned much on people development and the value of consistent execution of process and procedure."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Definite opportunities for advancement, and good pay. Great people down to earthe and authentic in their values.

Cons

Very lean business model. Management will be utilized on registers and for physical merchandising.

Advice to Management

I would advise to process merchandise at an extended distribution center. This would assist the store by primarily focusing labor on customer service, presentation, and people development.

"Working at Ross is an easy way to get customer service and cash-handling experience."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, 20% employee discount and 40% discount twice a year, ability to move up to management position fairly quickly.

Cons

Low pay, no benefits for part-time employees, late nights cleaning the store at the end of the day depending on how busy the store was.