Ross Stores - After 16 years I still like my job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ross Stores

"After 16 years I still like my job."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Bozeman, MT
Current Employee - Store Manager in Bozeman, MT

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ross is always changing to meet the needs and demands of our customers. This changing environment creates new opportunities for growth and development. Every associate and manager are given tools to grow and change with the company. How far you go is up to you.

Cons

Off price retailing is very demanding. Change is the only certainty. As a leader you are challenged to control costs while delivering the standards our customers demand. As an associate you are
challenged to work quickly and efficiently.

Advice to Management

Recognize the sacrifices managers and associates make to stay efficient and successful. Listen when managers say you are asking us to do too much with too little. We will rise to challenge and we will work toward our goals. Just know when the goals are too high.

Other Employee Reviews for Ross Stores

"Grow with the company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilroy, CA

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

company cares about individuals that work there. lots of opportunity for growth

Cons

salary could be better for promoted employees.

Advice to Management

a little extra payroll goes a long way

2. "Poor, dated and uneducated HR leaders , that lead to total demise of their strategy"

Former Employee - Senior Leadership in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Leadership in New York, NY

I worked at Ross Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

solid business that is seemingly profitable. young leaders, but that can be a con too in certain areas of business. the retail company serves a purpose in the US market for certain consumers who also shop Wal-Mart.

Cons

where do I start. lack of educatied, true leadership partners in functions of HR and Recruitment. There is statement of internal growth and value, but when a recruit, that isnt how you are treated.
    dated leadership that is so use to the off price, value world, that they have a ridiculous way of recruiting and hirnig in the best people.

Advice to Management

shake up HR and get rid of all the process you have from department down and cross-over.
    this is a fast moving world, and you need to move faster in general. And, get a website worth visiting and hello - sell something on it?