Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center - Worst job I’ve ever had. | Glassdoor

"Worst job I’ve ever had."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Offers Health insurance, but it’s expensive. Offers dental and vision insurance. Offers vacation time, but you never get to use it; it’s rare when you put in a request to use time off and it’s approved- NEVER happens. Offers paid sick time, but be prepared to get yelled at when you call in sick and have a doctors note for proof.

Cons

Never get to use Paid time off. Not the best pay. No 401k. Awful work environment: unfair work load, bullies everywhere and gossip is terrible. No parking unless you want to pay 9 dollars a day. Retirement plan is a joke. If something happens to you at work, don’t expect workers compensation. Personal situation happened to me, got an injury at work, had to go through personal health insurance that I paid for....

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center2019-04-21
  1. "Amazing place to work"

Former Employee - Central Access Associate

I worked at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Caring environment. Patient centered. Team oriented.

Cons

Employees sometimes under appreciated.

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center2019-05-23

"Mediocre"

Current Employee - Predoctoral Trainee

I have been working at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relatively high pay for PhD students. Lower cost of living.

Cons

Students are not treated the same and there's favoritism. Bad PIs are allowed to continue to mentor students. Not many PIs have funding for students. Little opportunity to teach. Resources are provided to a few students only and normally they are with the same few mentors. You will make very few connections unless you are able to attend conferences.

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center2019-06-02

Discover more reviews about Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center.