Rotech Healthcare - Sales Rep | Glassdoor

"Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Huntington, WV
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Huntington, WV

Pros

Benefits are good. Money is ok.

Cons

Tooooo many reports due all the time. This does not allow sufficient enough time to sale.

Advice to Management

Let your reps bring in the business and stay out of their way.

Other Employee Reviews for Rotech Healthcare

"Great place to work with some poor management issues"

Current Employee - Information Systems Programmer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Information Systems Programmer in Orlando, FL

Pros

Rotech, at least at Rotech Systems Group, our technical building, is an amazing place to work. The people are very knowledgeable about their positions and are always willing to help when you have questions.

As a software engineer, we have numerous support levels from peer to manager to director to the Chief Information Officer. Our CIO isn't 500 miles away or even across town; rather, she sits about 100 feet from me and has an open door policy. I've never been more satisfied with my ability to get information about any problem I may be having.

Not only are the people friendly and knowledgeable, they're also fun. We'll pass a couple you tube videos around per week just to lighten up the environment. Furthermore, you can expect that if you leave your computer unlocked, someone will re-size your mouse pointer, change your desktop background, and "customize" your browser. Senior management loves this because we're lighthearted about everything and this definitely increases morale.

Furthermore, I work on a brand new iMac with a full time machine backup. Our IBM servers are all new and have a 10TB SAN. We all have top-of-the-line equipment. In addition, we all use software that will be useful when we leave this place.

Beyond the silliness, we're still a very productive shop with a lot of knowledge and an excellent technology base.

Cons

The compensation and benefits package for a software developer are not up to par with other companies. I'm underpaid by a generous amount and have considerable less vacation days than if I were to go somewhere else. Given how amazing the place is to work as far as environment, this is not as much of an issue as it would be elsewhere.

As of right now, Rotech is in the tank with financial issues because of poor adaptation to the market, poor innovation, and unfortunate medicare changes. Our management took awhile to adapt to a paperless world and this has hurt our bottom line considerably. Also, our bottom line has been hurt recently due to Medicare cutting funding for our main equipment that we sell to patients. None of us know if the doors will be open after April 15, 2009.

Advice to Management

Continue to spend time restructuring and turning the company paperless. Stay steadfast in this and we may be able to turn the ship around.

2. "A decent place to settle in and stay a while"

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, lots of people employed for many years, reasonable schedules with respect to family responsibilities

Cons

Less than competitive wages, frequent direction shifts in operational focus, little investment into employees and a lack of forward thinking.