Roti Mediterranean Grill - A great concept that lacks management structure and training. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Roti Mediterranean Grill

"A great concept that lacks management structure and training."

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Schaumburg, IL
Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Roti Mediterranean Grill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great new concept; execution is a failure.

Cons

I was hired here under false pretenses. I went in for an interview as a shift supervisor only to learn two weeks later that it was a position I would have to work into.

Upper management is disorganized with no clear communication between the staff. They falsely label their supervisors as leaders and this confuses not only the employees in general, but destroys morale of the supervisors who we're hired in the first place.

They strive for freshness, but serves 4-5 day old salmon. They want people to cross train on several stations but no one seems to have the experience or knowledge to train others on what to do. It's a free-for-all type of atmosphere.

The companies vision seems unclear to me. Everything is stream lined to be efficient here which is great. Training is lacking with no structure at all. They give you a packet of training material that isn't followed up on. You are basically on your own and if you don't have experience in the kitchen good luck.

Advice to Management

Don't hire employees under false pretenses. A happy employee brings happy customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Roti Mediterranean Grill

1. "Great Culture and Delicious Food!"

I have been working at Roti Mediterranean Grill full-time

Pros

Really great food! Values Driven company that is very humble; no arrogance. Growing with new locations.

Cons

Fast paced, but I love that it is busy!

2. "Prep"

Pros

It was an alright place to work, you had to ask for days off 2 weeks in advance which was aight but whatever

Cons

Low pay. Someone who had started 7 months after me was getting paid 4 dollar more per hour which i thought was quite unfair

Advice to Management

Be better about giving bonuses and sharing the love. Make sure people who have been there longer recieve better benefits