Rovi - Enjoyable work experience | Glassdoor

"Enjoyable work experience"

I worked at Rovi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rovi has a very flexible work environment with a great work/life balance. The pay and benefits are great and they have very talented people working for them. Innovation is emphasized and there is incentive for everybody to get involved. Over all a good place to work.

Cons

The company seems to have lost its identity. In trying to recreate it by focusing on its core they may lose the ability to innovate through synergy with existing assets.

Other Employee Reviews for Rovi

"Great First 60 Days"

Pros

These first two months at Rovi have far surpassed my hopes for the next phase of my career: great people, great culture and great work/life balance. Rovi has competitive pay/benefits, and the company is committed to its strategy. I'm especially impressed by its focus on innovation and the fact that every employee plays a part. So far, Rovi is definitely a great place to work.

Cons

More than 25 offices globally can make it hard to connect with coworkers and the culture in general.

2. "I arrived at Rovi via acquisition. Rovi provided me with amazing new challenges, compensation and promotions."

Former Employee - Director of Engineering
    Former Employee - Director of Engineering

I worked at Rovi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rewarding and challenging work for those willing to work hard and not accept failure as an option.

Cons

Short and long term planning for product and engineering teams is a failure at Rovi. The company as a whole does not respect/follow the agile/scrum process with a prioritized back-log.

Advice to Management

Invest in product and engineering positions. Eliminate many of the sales and management positions so you can do work rather than just talk about. Don't sell what isn't built!