Roy's Restaurant - The potential for revival is there. With the right team andf support it is an amazing and fun place to work. | Glassdoor
  1. "The potential for revival is there. With the right team andf support it is an amazing and fun place to work."

Former Employee - Server in Tampa, FL

I worked at Roy's Restaurant full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get out of it what you put into it. You can make great money there as long as you are willing to work hard and be a team player. Wonderful BOH and server support STAFF. Chef Eric is extremely talented and passionate about the cuisine and culture. The Runners and Bartenders know their stuff and will work hard for you to create a positive guest experience.

Cons

Disrepair of building has caused a diminished guest experience and because of the building issues the guests return rate has drastically declined.

Advice to Management

I understand you are doing the best that you can with what you have been given. If the quality of the guest experience does not improve because of the leaking A/C , roof, other building problems I believe it will be increasingly difficult to generate return business. The staff need the tools of their trade. Again I know it’s been an uphill battle to acquire funding to supply those tools. I wish you the very best.

Roy's Restaurant2019-10-22

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great"

I have been working at Roy's Restaurant full-time

Pros

Great team great atmosphere fun times

Cons

Long hours changing schedule to frequent work major holidays

Advice to Management

We have family too

Roy's Restaurant2018-10-04
  2. "Going downhill"

Current Employee - Server/Bartender in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Roy's Restaurant part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule. Friendly coworkers. Good food and drinks.

Cons

New owners are driving down morale. There seems to be no concern for employees who’ve been loyal to the brand. They give management jobs to just about anyone who shows interest. Used to be a concept that attracted the elite in customer service but that has clearly changed.

Advice to Management

Trust your proven employees to so their jobs and help keep your brand on top and help us make money.

Roy's Restaurant2019-10-17

Discover more reviews about Roy's Restaurant.