Royal Ahold - Overall - Good I like large companies and American Products as well as other products, good variety | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Royal Ahold

"Overall - Good I like large companies and American Products as well as other products, good variety"

Former Employee - Flexible Cashier in Potomac, MD
Former Employee - Flexible Cashier in Potomac, MD

I worked at Royal Ahold part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to learn new tasks, be with a variety of individuals, some are career workers

Cons

Prefer not to mention any. Thank you. Good overall company. More products offered at
various locations. I am still a customer, after being an employee.

Advice to Management

Keep diversity as one of your key elements for hiring.

Other Employee Reviews for Royal Ahold

1. "Road to Nowhere"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Phila, PA

I worked at Royal Ahold full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are above average, pretty much a recession proof company, room to grow if you are willing to re-locate to Carlisle.

Cons

Since the re-organization under the Ahold USA banner things have been in disarray and show little sign of improving any time soon. Pay is below average, overtime is kept to a minimum, pay raises are laughable at best. Job security is a concern at times.

Advice to Management

Get a clue, hire help desk associates with at least some computer literacy or train the ones you do have. Pay people what they are worth, give raises that are on par with the cost of living.

"Work hard for a company that does not appreciate their employees"

Current Employee - Administrative in Carlisle, PA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Carlisle, PA

I have been working at Royal Ahold full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits to the employees. Ahold provides many events to show appreciation to their staff including free lunches throughout the year, GM sales where everything is $.50 as well as monthly free Store brand item

Cons

The PTO and Vacation offered is behind in times compared to other companies. I only had to sick days after my 90 days and vacation starts after a year and is only a week. Therefore hourly associates basically have to be on their death bed to take off work. The company promotes work/life balance but some managers do not care about what is happening in your personal life. Therefore if you have a sick kid, it is a problem.

The pay does not match up to the cost of living. Therefore the company should restructure their pay grades as some people cannot live off of the pay they are making.

Advice to Management

Better Pay Structure. More training for managers on how to deal with personnel issues such as people pointing out that a certain employee is constantly making mistakes and may need additional training. A manage needs to react to this issue not let it continue because they do not like conflict.