Royal Crest Dairy - One of the hardest, and best jobs I have ever had | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Royal Crest Dairy

"One of the hardest, and best jobs I have ever had"

Former Employee - Route Driver in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Route Driver in Denver, CO

I worked at Royal Crest Dairy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for, and will make you physically fit if you stick with it.

Cons

Physicaly stressful, odd hours, mentally stressful in the start of employment

Other Employee Reviews for Royal Crest Dairy

1. "Decent pay with physical cost"

Current Employee - Route Driver in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Denver, CO

Pros

The pay is decent considering the amount of time actually working. The supervision is for the most part understanding and flexible. As long as you finish before 630am, your work hours are as flexible as you are quick.

Cons

The job can be very physically demanding, considering you sprint back and forth all night carrying dairy products. This position is graveyard shift. Any small mistake (one out of about 200 houses a night) has to be explained in detail. Despite when you finish delivering, you cannot come back to the dairy until a certain time. You get no holidays off, ever.

Advice to Management

More incentives to be mistake-free would make me more conscious of what I am doing. Giving the customers more info on what we do might prevent them from making our jobs harder, such as white egg cartons are not recyclable or to call ahead for large orders.

2. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Longmont, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Longmont, CO

I have been working at Royal Crest Dairy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay if you perform. This job is not for people that don’t know how to put in the work. I have been with this company for 7 years and in this position for 1. I can honestly tell you that if you want to make 75k a year working. 8-10 hours a day without a collage degree or precious sales experience, its more than possible. I’m doing it. But more importantly, I really love my job. I can be creative, strategic, and manage my time. ITS NOT EASY! But if you can put in the work to get good, you will love your life.

Cons

Nothing that goes unsaid. It’s sales. It requires acceptance of rejection. If you can move past that, you will be fine.

Advice to Management

Management is great. They are supportive and understand what we do, and how it works.