Ruan Transportation Management Systems - My experience at Ruan | Glassdoor

"My experience at Ruan"

Former Employee - Control Room Operator in Des Moines, IA
Former Employee - Control Room Operator in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Ruan Transportation Management Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

the staff is friendly, the holidays bring out the decorations in the lobby area.

Cons

listening skills could use some work. Some management could use personnel supervision classes at DMACC.

Advice to Management

Please amke sure that all personnel are well trained in their areas. Suggestion of Computer program of work areas in company that could run possible employees through a simulation of what they might experience in the job.

Other Employee Reviews for Ruan Transportation Management Systems

"The company overall is a very good company, but the local terminal leaves something to be desired."

Current Employee - Route Driver in Clovis, NM
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Clovis, NM

I have been working at Ruan Transportation Management Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Prompt pay. Excellent payroll issue resolution. Good comrodery.

Cons

Upper management wants you to report all issues you feel need addressing, but nothing seems to get reviewed. It has gotten to the point were I don't even take issues to the Terminal Manager because I feel he is not even listening.

Advice to Management

Start addressing the main issues you are being made aware of and stop ignoring your good employees.

"Working for Ruan Transportation"

Current Employee - Transportation Supervisor in Wilton, NY
    Current Employee - Transportation Supervisor in Wilton, NY

I have been working at Ruan Transportation Management Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only Pros are being able to help out the truckers when they need you.

Cons

Working for a bunch of lying, sneeky, fakes! They make you lie to the customer and get upset if you tell them that managmenet made you do it. Your male co-workers are allowed to leave work early, yet the women should stay at work even if they are sick. They treat you like crap if you are a woman! They never take you seriously! Your ideas don't mean anything until they act as though they came up with them. They talk about you behind your back. I am in counseling and would rather hit a tree than make it to work any day! I have been advised by my counselor that this job is not good for my mental health and should look for another place of employment. I have no family time where as every man in the office does, and I am only to do as my Terminal Manager says not as my Terminal Manager does.

Advice to Management

You should only hire men because women have no voice!