Rubenstein Public Relations - Great Place To Work | Glassdoor

"Great Place To Work"

I worked at Rubenstein Public Relations

Pros

I love the incredible amount of resources and talent available to help one be successful here. Here are the things that really stand out about this place vs other agency's. Pay is very competitive. Location and office is great. Amazing team. Great benefits and NYSC membership. Private office for senior account execs. I love being around people who are genuinely excited and passionate about the... work we do, and the perks are pretty great too. Another thing worth mentioning is that career advancement opportunity within the company is very common if you have what to show for yourself.

Cons

It's definitely an extremely fast-paced work environment, and you need to play your best at any given time. There is no room for just chilling and kicking it.

Rubenstein Public Relations2016-11-16

Rubenstein Public Relations Response

November 28, 2016Director, Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback! It is important for us to know that we are making RPR an employer of choice.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Opportunity to Build PR Experience"

Former Intern - Summer 2019 in New York, NY

I worked at Rubenstein Public Relations for less than a year

Pros

During my 2019 internship experience, I was able to work with a wide range of employees and accounts. Compared to my peers at other internships, I was able to get much more hands on experience. I worked directly with Senior Vice Presidents and Richard Rubenstein daily. Everyone at the office was always very friendly to me, and I looked forward to coming to work everyday.

Cons

None to mention, I thoroughly enjoyed my time this summer.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for ways to give interns hands-on, real world experience. It makes the opportunity so much more rewarding.

Rubenstein Public Relations2019-08-11

"Life lessons"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator

I worked at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time for more than a year

Pros

I truly believe Glassdoor is a great resource for people to share their experiences with the world. Nevertheless, you’ll find that people only write reviews when they have had negative experiences and will leave their reviews in the heat of the moment. I’m not going to defend that RPR was a positive experience. But sometimes moments in your life where you are supposed to learn a lesson isn’t always about good or... bad. The day I quit RPR was a day a thousand weights were lifted off my shoulders. However, still to this day I find myself thanking Richard Rubinstein for the opportunities he gave me to learn and grow within my career. RPR has a very weird dynamic. You are either Richard’s favorite, forcing your direct supervisors to hate you, or Richard hates you, forcing your direct supervisors to love you. No in between. I was one of the unique few that Richard decided to favorite. All the bullying and disgusting outbursts everyone will talk about on here was never once directed towards me. I saw him speak that way to other people, and yes I thought it wasn’t right. However, since I wasn’t being bullied directly from him, my SVP’s took it upon themselves to bully me. They micro-managed me to the point where no matter when I was doing something right, to them it was wrong. They disrespected me in ways no manager should ever speak to people on their team. But again, the lesson I learned is as I grow within my career and get the opportunity to manage people - i know for a fact exactly how I DONT want to manage people. Richard might not present himself in socially acceptable manners, but I have nothing but upmost appreciation and respect for him. He gave me opportunities and chances my direct supervisors thought I was to green for. He defended my work and mentored me to grow in areas I expressed interest in. He made a point to ask how I was doing and about my family. And most importantly, he took time out of his very busy day to teach me. Since working at RPR, I have moved my way up the corporate ladder and know for a fact I wouldn’t be the publicist I am today without working at RPR. I wouldn’t recommend working at RPR for only one reason: the senior level employees. At the end of the day, it’s your direct supervisors jobs to help you grow, not Richard. He didn’t set the best example, but there is absolutely no excuse why they also chose to act in such disrespecting ways. With that being said, I have to say thank you to RPR and for every life lesson you taught me - whether it was good or bad.

Cons

There was zero work life balance. I found myself working 12 hour days a lot, and 100% because the senior staff didn’t do anything expect delegate EVERYTHING down.

Advice to Management

Hire an HR individual that is for the people. Someone who can listen to their struggles and actually understand everyones pain and frustration.

Rubenstein Public Relations2019-07-29

Discover more reviews about Rubenstein Public Relations.