Rubenstein Public Relations - Don’t take the job | Glassdoor

"Don’t take the job"

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time for more than a year

Pros

People who are hired to work there are the most capable I’ve seen.

Cons

By the time these capable people who are hired to work there have been there a few months, you can see all their enthusiasm for PR and their energy drained out of them. It’s truly a suffocating place to work.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff better because in most cases, they’re better than you are (whether you want to admit that to yourselves or not). Face the truth - there’s a high turnover because you- management- are doing something very wrong.

Rubenstein Public Relations2019-01-31

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Opportunity to Build PR Experience"

Former Employee - Summer 2019 in New York, NY

I worked at Rubenstein Public Relations for less than a year

Pros

During my 2019 internship experience, I was able to work with a wide range of employees and accounts. Compared to my peers at other internships, I was able to get much more hands on experience. I worked directly with Senior Vice Presidents and Richard Rubenstein daily. Everyone at the office was always very friendly to me, and I looked forward to coming to work everyday.

Cons

None to mention, I thoroughly enjoyed my time this summer.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for ways to give interns hands-on, real world experience. It makes the opportunity so much more rewarding.

Rubenstein Public Relations2019-08-11

"Life lessons"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator

I worked at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time for more than a year

Pros

I truly believe Glassdoor is a great resource for people to share their experiences with the world. Nevertheless, you’ll find that people only write reviews when they have had negative experiences and will leave their reviews in the heat of the moment. I’m not going to defend that RPR was a positive experience. But sometimes moments in your life where you are supposed to learn a lesson isn’t always about good or bad....

Cons

There was zero work life balance. I found myself working 12 hour days a lot, and 100% because the senior staff didn’t do anything expect delegate EVERYTHING down.

Advice to Management

Hire an HR individual that is for the people. Someone who can listen to their struggles and actually understand everyones pain and frustration.

Rubenstein Public Relations2019-07-29

Discover more reviews about Rubenstein Public Relations.