Rubio's Restaurants - Self driven advancements, selfish upper management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Rubio's Restaurants

"Self driven advancements, selfish upper management."

Current Employee - Shift Leader
Current Employee - Shift Leader

I have been working at Rubio's Restaurants part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to make my way from a GSA to a Line 1 cook fully certified within about 4-5 months, then began my shift leader development to finish as a shift leader by the 6th month. The pay is okay at $10 an hour.

Cons

Upper management appeared to have a great lack of concern for their store, as well as the advancement of their team members. There was also a great lack of motivation in the workplace which was due to the lack of concern as well. There was basically no such thing as a "good job" or even a "hey this isn't going soo well, here's how you can improve" for that matter.

Advice to Management

Show a greater role in your leadership priorities and don't appear to hate your job. Also, consider showing a greater concern for your team members personal development.

*I'm sure everything stated above is not relevant to every store as I have worked at multiple, this mainly only pertains to my current.

Other Employee Reviews for Rubio's Restaurants

1. "Supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in San Clemente, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in San Clemente, CA

I worked at Rubio's Restaurants part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good management, friendly environment, awesome food. free meal on break for supervisor and above (best part). Only worked there a few months and Mr. Rubio himself walked in our store twice. Good training.

Cons

I couldn't get the hours I wanted and the pay could be better.

2. "Routine corporate job with such potential if management accepted it more freely."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Rubio's Restaurants full-time

Pros

There's a lot of opportunity to work inter departmentally to improve processes and efficiencies.

Cons

New ideas that involve any department but your own aren't always received with open minds, stilfling possible improvements.

Advice to Management

Management believed they had an open door policy, that they were open to all suggestions and ideas and available to everyone, but the cogs of the company never really felt that.