Ruby Tuesday - My Experience | Glassdoor

"My Experience"

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, benefits are good, lots of stores so relocating is always a possibility, constantly changing menu which keeps things from becoming too dull

Cons

Not always grouped with adequate managers that are able to keep up with the changes or work demands, all of the changes pose difficulties for all staff members

Advice to Management

Pick a niche and stick with it for a while, too much changing is confusing to not only the staff but the customers as well

Other Employee Reviews for Ruby Tuesday

1. "Great"

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

Pros

It's a laid-back and friendly atmosphere with good food and competent management who understands that sometimes things come up that make working on a particular day not an option. Pay is good but depends on the people who come in the restaurant, not management.

Cons

The customers are horrible. The job, while not particualrly hard, is with plenty of doubles and it makes a 30 hr week feel about like a 60 hour week.

Advice to Management

Promotion opportunities for women in management positions would be much better than the "good ol' boy" system they're running right now.

2. "Ruby Tuesday's was the common corp."

Former Employee - Waiter
    Former Employee - Waiter

Pros

Great environment, ease of scheduling, cleanliness, great social life. Salary and compensation was decent and the lower management were very understanding to any issue. Great place to start off.

Cons

As a male server I experience a problem after a few years becoming a bartender. Out of the 4 bartenders 1 was a gentleman and I was promised a position a few times but........

Advice to Management

Well... I;ve had my ups and downs with Ruby Tuesday... Management was easily replaceable which happened frequently. Unfortunately Ruby Tuesdays had a system were I saw great heart-ed and great skilled peaople walk out the door.