Rudolph Technologies - Hard working group. | Glassdoor

"Hard working group."

Pros

Worked with small groups. Company was good at letting people know what's going on. Also had many merges to expand the product lines.

Cons

Inadequate trainings. I felt people were not willing to provide technical information to help new hires.

Other Employee Reviews for Rudolph Technologies

"- RTEC"

Pros

- Technology
    - Inspection Business Unit people

Cons

Compensation seems to be unfair.

Advice to Management

- Dont reward senior management with bonuses when they do not meet objectives.

""Tribal Knowledge" is held tight by the August elders"

Former Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Bloomington, MN
    Former Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Bloomington, MN

I worked at Rudolph Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cool technology. Wide ability to change how you do your job. If you have clear goals or know your (KPI), you are given flexibility to do your job as you see fit. Very steep industry learning curve (yes I find this as a Pro).

Cons

This is a review of the Bloomington location only. KPI changes without notice, and you are often measured by standards that you are unaware. A decade of infighting between business units, MN location suffers from lack leadership. Too many "managers" in title. New hires at MN location are "August Outsiders" and will have hard time gaining trust with former August employees that are now middle management. No mentorship program. Highly adverse to change. Although I was vocal, I was never able to navigate path to paid schooling that is offered as benefit. Where one should find documentation, new hires will often find that "Tribal Knowledge" is held tight by the August elders, creating an uneven and frustrating playing field. These elders are often rewarded for fixing something that should be documented. No true after action leaves many issues undocumented and therefore repeated.

Advice to Management

Need to break August mentality at the MN location. Stop the hemorrhage of GOOD employees. New hires do not have knowledge of legacy code (could become very scary and expensive). Red hot leads are left to go cold, make sure you purchase enough licenses for the CRM. Too much money is focused and spent on software fixes where previously expensive hardware (now inexpensive hardware) solutions are available. Use ISO to fix holes in documentation.

I really wish I had worked for what Mike P. is leading as Rudolph. While my check said Rudolph, I was stuck in the shadow of August.