Rush University Medical Center - Director | Glassdoor

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rush University Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive environment. Good training program for new managers. Decent benefit package. Affordable parking onsite. Good restaurants around. Good Networking possibilities. Well known for patient care.

Cons

Bad commute. Not a good pay time off plan. Hard to move up. Not a good succession plan. Retirement matching is too low. Salary increases do not even compensate for increase in cost of living. Not a top institution in research.

Advice to Management

Recognize talent before it is too late to keep them around. Do not just promote the employees who have been there for ever. Give opportunities to grow to others, especially those who come from other institutions. Retain the real talent and lye go others.

Other Employee Reviews for Rush University Medical Center

1. "I don't want to disclose"

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Chicago, IL

Pros

good benefits and good benefits

Cons

low salary and low salary

2. "Nurse -CSSD-Group Leader"

Current Employee - CSSD-Group Leader in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - CSSD-Group Leader in Chicago, IL

Pros

I had been working in Saudi Arabia for about 20 years, and I have the ability to work in gulf area .

Cons

I have no propel to live in this area ,I know how the people live and understand the culture life.
    I want to work hard and ably al my experiences with my education to improve this organization to the maximum. This is my only challenge.

Advice to Management

• With my long term skills and education for the Sterile Services Department, I can cover Manager position in CSSD
    • Profound ability of management and organizational skills
    • Effective communicator in one-one and group situation with staff, management, physicians, nurses, and vendors