Ryan, LLC - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My Ryan work environment is excellent. Work whenever, wherever, however you want. There are a lot of aggressive financial goals to track your performance, but overall i love it. I have made more here than i would anywhere else.

Cons

Growing pains of a small company becoming large.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC

"Rewarding"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Extremely flexible work environment that allows team members to work where and when they are most effective and offers unlimited time off, provided that they get their work done.
    -Excellent bonus plan that rewards employees with a percentage of the tax benefits they provide for their clients. The bonuses have the potential to be huge (hundreds of thousands), and have been on many occasions.
    -Executive management that is dedicated to being innovative in its approach to growing the firm and rewarding their employees.
    -Generally friendly enviroment with people who like their jobs.

Cons

-Some people feel like the lack of a set vacation policy means they do not get any vacation (they cannot disconnect), and some team managers are still adjusting to the policy, but management is trying very hard to resolve these issues.
    -Management is still working on policies and procedures that allow all teams opportunities to work on projects that provide the massive bonus payouts. These projects tend to fall to a select few teams, but again, this is something that management is addressing.
    -It's a consulting firm, so it can be a stressful, short-deadline-driven environment at times, there's just no getting around that fact.

Advice to Management

Keep working on ways to better distribute the profitable engagements, but otherwise keep up the good work.

"The Whole Package"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Ryan is the "whole package." Of all the places that I've worked, there were always areas that were lacking, either compensation, benefits, opportunities to advance, community outreach efforts, etc. But not at Ryan. Ryan is very competitive, if not the best, in all of the areas I've mentioned. Feeling satisfied from a benefit and compensation standpoint, allows you to relax and focus on getting better work results. Ryan's structure rewards those who get good results. I feel like my work is meaningful, and I am being rewarded for my hard work, as a result of the bonus structure. Thanks to Ryan, I have found work-life success. I recommend Ryan to anyone who is also looking for a similar work-life success.

Cons

The Dallas office is located in the Galleria complex in North Dallas (Addison). With the construction and traffic on I-635, 75, 35E, you may want to think about moving closer to the office. Many people have over an hour of commute time each way. The good news is, the area around the Galleria is nice, with plenty of shopping, apartments, houses, and restaurants. I live close by the office and there is everything here that I need, so I pay very little for gas, and I never have to deal with the bad traffic. I can't say the same for those who live outside of the area. The commute for them is very long and stressful. Luckly, with the "myRyan" flexible work environment, many of them can alter thier hours to work better for commuting purposes.

Advice to Management

Our leaders are very intelligent, strong, and highly driven. All of the attributes that I aspire to have and I work tirelessly to improve upon. They make very good role-models. I can't say that about the other places that I've work. Also, you cannot put a value on the commitment to the organization that the leadership has. Everyone has a vetted interest in the business. As a result, you feel as though you are well supported and in very good hands.