Ryan, LLC - Ryan is a success story acheived by the hard work of both the employees and the owners. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

"Ryan is a success story acheived by the hard work of both the employees and the owners."

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The offer by the company to allow us to telecommute and work on our own schedule is great!
The base salary is generally competitive.
There are lots of unique training opportunities.
All levels of management, while being very critical of work product, make themselves available to the staff. This isn't one of those firms where it is taboo for the lower level staff and management to approach or be approached by the firm principals and management to discuss issues, opinions, and other relevant matters.
The company's top management frequently requests input from all employees and frequently take action with consideration given to such feedback.
The firm encourages, but does not require, charitable giving and activities.
The company has a great IT department, central receptionists, and other great departments to provide the consulting staff with more time to earn.

Cons

The ability by the employee to effectively telecommute and guiltlessly work on his/her own schedule is not always easy to accomplish! While policy permits and encourages it, the workload often makes it impractical. The result can easily be only having a week or two off per year, aside from normally recognized holidays themselves.

Advice to Management

Consider changing the Consultant compensation structure to be a 10-20% higher base salary and remove the fee percentage.
Consider a second monitor to be a standard piece of equipment, rather than something which requires special approval.

Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC

1. "Internship"

Current Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Ryan really spends the time to ensure you are getting the right type of training. The flexible work environement is really great for full time employees. The north dallas office location is much nicer than most of the other big accounting firms that have to go to downtown dallas for work. As an intern they really make sure to treat you as a regular staff member. I was given the responsibility that a consultant would be given and it was obvious my manager cared about my development.

Cons

Management can forget at times that we are interns, and they need to explain complicated issues with us in a way thats understandable. Pay is not as much as Big four accounting.

Advice to Management

Make sure you are explaining tasks clearly and they 'why' not just the 'how'

2. "Interning with Ryan"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The flexible work environment (myRyan) is a huge benefit. Even as an hourly intern I can come and go as I need to and even work from home occasionally.

I have had the opportunity to learn about sales and use tax, a niche field in accounting, and to work for a firm who is a frontrunner in this area.

This internship has been a great opportunity to see a very different way that I will be able to use my accounting and finance degrees. I like that I'll have options when I graduate and won't necessarily have to take a public accounting job.

Almost all the employees are very nice and fun to work with.

Cons

I was disapointed with the training I received from my team. I came into this internship knowing nothing about sales and use tax, and haven't felt that I have been taught the basic knowledge very effectively. A lot of my work has been just trial and error to find out if I am doing it correctly.

Advice to Management

Teach the people who will be training new hires how to effectively communicate the basics of what they will be doing every day.