Ryan, LLC - Ryan is a success story acheived by the hard work of both the employees and the owners. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

"Ryan is a success story acheived by the hard work of both the employees and the owners."

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The offer by the company to allow us to telecommute and work on our own schedule is great!
The base salary is generally competitive.
There are lots of unique training opportunities.
All levels of management, while being very critical of work product, make themselves available to the staff. This isn't one of those firms where it is taboo for the lower level staff and management to approach or be approached by the firm principals and management to discuss issues, opinions, and other relevant matters.
The company's top management frequently requests input from all employees and frequently take action with consideration given to such feedback.
The firm encourages, but does not require, charitable giving and activities.
The company has a great IT department, central receptionists, and other great departments to provide the consulting staff with more time to earn.

Cons

The ability by the employee to effectively telecommute and guiltlessly work on his/her own schedule is not always easy to accomplish! While policy permits and encourages it, the workload often makes it impractical. The result can easily be only having a week or two off per year, aside from normally recognized holidays themselves.

Advice to Management

Consider changing the Consultant compensation structure to be a 10-20% higher base salary and remove the fee percentage.
Consider a second monitor to be a standard piece of equipment, rather than something which requires special approval.

Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC

1. "12 Years experience business development and instruction."

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In-depth reviews and quality of performance.

Cons

I have no complaints to add.

2. "Internship"

Current Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Ryan really spends the time to ensure you are getting the right type of training. The flexible work environement is really great for full time employees. The north dallas office location is much nicer than most of the other big accounting firms that have to go to downtown dallas for work. As an intern they really make sure to treat you as a regular staff member. I was given the responsibility that a consultant would be given and it was obvious my manager cared about my development.

Cons

Management can forget at times that we are interns, and they need to explain complicated issues with us in a way thats understandable. Pay is not as much as Big four accounting.

Advice to Management

Make sure you are explaining tasks clearly and they 'why' not just the 'how'