Ryan, LLC - Ryan is a company focused on creating a great work/life balance while creating great benefits to our clients. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

"Ryan is a company focused on creating a great work/life balance while creating great benefits to our clients."

Current Employee - Consultant in Downers Grove, IL
Current Employee - Consultant in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The flexibility and home/work balance at Ryan is unrivaled. I also appreciate the hard work of management. I trust that they are looking out for the employees and the future of the company. I trust them to make good business decisions when growing the company as well. I feel blessed to be part of a company that is growing, making record profits, serving our communities, and making a work/life balance easier for its employees.

Cons

The downside about working at Ryan has always been the benchmark that prevented employees from raises and promotions if their teams were not making money. The recent changes to the policy seem that they may have cleared up this problem.

Advice to Management

Do more to encourage members of teams who do not bring in high revenues. Help these teams meet benchmarks by distributing projects better.

Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC

1. "Overall, a great place to work."

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time

Pros

Ryan provides employees with ample flexibility regarding when and where to work. Ryan continues to grow and succeed financially; it is a reliable place of employment. Ryan provides multiple opportunities for professional growth and career advancement. Ryan is working actively to address needs for change as it grows.

Cons

The workload and immediate expectations can be stifling at times. Decision making authority is too limited, which creates too many time-consuming required levels of approval. Ryan is experiencing growing pains that are normal, but will need to place more trust in leadership at different levels throughout the organization.

Advice to Management

Place more trust in and decision making authority across mid to upper level management.

2. "A well-rounded exposure to the world of sales and use tax consulting"

Current Intern - Intern in Houston, TX
    Current Intern - Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My manager immediately involved me in the current project my team was working on allowing me to contribute material work even as an intern. I also had the opportunit to utilize MyRyan a couple of time to work from home when needed.

Cons

A few assignments could have been explained more thoroughly

Advice to Management

Give more detailed instructions to new hires/interns. It may take more time but will pay off in the end when you don't have to make several passes of corrections.