Ryan, LLC - Challenging and rewarding | Glassdoor

"Challenging and rewarding"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy the Firm's bonus structure that compensates people who work hard and bring value to the firm. The flexability Ryan give through the myRyan program is unmatched.

Cons

Can be stressfull at times. Would love to have a Christmas bonus. Wish partners would be more proactive instead of reactive.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have management be more transparent about what is going on. They are doing an execellent job though navigating the direction of the Firm.

Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC

1. "I consider myself extremely blessed to have had the opportunity to work at Ryan for the past 8 years."

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best decision Ryan ever made was to implement the "myRyan" work structure. Managers and employees have the flexibility to work without physically being in the office provided it does not impede client service. This environment allows for a much better work/life balance. Our bonus system also incentivizes teams to flight for our clients because a portion of employee compensation is directly tied to the refunds/fees we generate.

Cons

While out bonus structure is one of our greatest strengths, it can also sometimes be a source of friction between teams. Many employees have left our firm over the years because they are working just as hard as other successful teams, but their projects are just not generating the expected fees.

Advice to Management

I think all employees would like the opportunity to purchase stock in the company or earmark a certain percentage of monthly pay that would go towards equity investment. This is something that was discussed in at our Firm meeting in March 2012. I believe our management team is still looking into it.

2. "Go to Ryan over Big Four"

Former Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance; bonus structure can be lucrative, which creates incentive

Cons

Work can get repetitive; travel can get heavy at Times