Ryan, LLC - The flexibility and innovation at Ryan, LLC are un-paralleled. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ryan, LLC

"The flexibility and innovation at Ryan, LLC are un-paralleled."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ryan strives to keep their best talent by offering bonuses, outstanding flexibility and dedicated management.

Cons

We pay for casual Friday, but it goes to charity so it's not too much of a con.

Other Employee Reviews for Ryan, LLC

"Company who like to apply for accolades(best company to work ...) as way hiding their shortfalls and high turnover."

Former Employee - Manager Or Above
    Former Employee - Manager Or Above

I worked at Ryan, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is getting into the 21st century and providing employees more and better learning courses and various ways to recognize employees. Company is the best as sales and use tax projects an should not veer away from their area of expertise.

Cons

Lack of competent directors and principals with necessary project management skills in new service lines in the Federal area. Zero work life balance. MyRyan does not exist for most employees and not consistent across the board. Beware of the theory that you were hired because you are the best of the best, you are hired due to high turnover and the service line was desperate to find someone. Complete client deliverables are provided the client 3 to 6 months after a tax filing and ethics does not play a factor in the work product. Being on both the client side and consulting side, I would be wary of using Ryan for anything other than sale and property tax projects. Principals are not in agreement as to the project status reports and the value to the client. High turnover, I was looking for a job two weeks after I started this role and extremely happy I have my work life balance back and do not let Ryan fool you that it is work life success.

Advice to Management

I cannot provide much advice as I understand many people who have been at Ryan have provided advice but to no avail. The best advice is to focus on your core practice of sales and use tax and let the big boy firms handle the federal services.

2. "Many opportunities for career development, all the tools needed for self-motivated goal oriented professionals"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Ryan, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to set your own schedule and manage your own work-life balance
    Very successful model in place, all the tools you need to succeed are available

Cons

Opportunites to succeed must be sought and created by you - for those that are driven and ready for the challenges, the rewards are immense
    Achieving success is not easy - must be willing to put in extra time and effort at times to succeed