Ryan's - Ryan's started as a great company to work for but it was bought by buffets inc. 5 yrs ago and has gotten horrible | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ryan's

"Ryan's started as a great company to work for but it was bought by buffets inc. 5 yrs ago and has gotten horrible"

Current Employee - General Manager in Aiken, SC
Current Employee - General Manager in Aiken, SC

Pros

if you have no life and want to work 60 hrs plus a week for 50,000 a year then you are in luck

Cons

pay
hours you have to work
buffets inc

Advice to Management

improve food quality
improve payroll guidlines
improve bonus structure
go to how we were when we were ryans not buffets inc

Other Employee Reviews for Ryan's

1. "Good money, bad job."

Current Employee - Waitress in Hot Springs, AR
    Current Employee - Waitress in Hot Springs, AR

Pros

The money (servers only) is very good. I can't compete with it. If I made less, I would definitely be somewhere else though. It's a good place to go if you are ok with everyone knowing everything about you.

Cons

Management is by far the worst problem. Very little positive feedback. Incompetency to the fullest. The hot bars never have food on them and there are always so many complaints. Very silly rules that we have to follow as well.

Advice to Management

Put less effort into making things difficult for everyone, and start working on issues that really matter. Such as the rolls. Ice machines, and dishwashing machine. New uniforms. Tell people when you change their schedules. And bring back complimentary coffee. Taking that away really killed a lot of business. Also, to go cups are needed.

2. "rewarding"

Current Employee - Server in Corinth, MS
    Current Employee - Server in Corinth, MS

Pros

time for family and work

Cons

sometimes being belittled in front of customers and others because some one having a bad day or experiernce with another employee

Advice to Management

take employees in office to berate them if you must