Ryder System - All in all, a reasonable place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ryder System

"All in all, a reasonable place to work."

Current Employee - Quality Manager in Novi, MI
Current Employee - Quality Manager in Novi, MI

I have been working at Ryder System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good people in a low pressure environment. Able to have somewhat flexible schedules. I have developed a level of comfort there.

Cons

Lack of opportunity for advancement, and raises are very hard to come by. I mean I know the economy has been bad lately but it seems like to move up you have to move out of the company. Which is too bad because Ryder really is a good place to work.

Advice to Management

Make more of an effort to recognize and grow your talent. Too many good people end up leaving.

Other Employee Reviews for Ryder System

"Good Experience"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Ryder System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of job freedom with very competitive pay. Thorough job training for entry level management and sales. From this I have received strong enlightenment into an industry of which I previously had little to no desire to be a part of.

Cons

Difficult to compete due to restrictions against competitors. The company also struggled with forecasts and as a result dramatically overreacted on certain occasions.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and work on forecasting. Additionally, while your company suggests managerial freedom it often can be too relaxed and results in poor training methods that could help project the company to higher levels.

"Dyed in the Wool"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Ryder System full-time

Pros

They're a well known name. The outside perception is that Ryder is a "good company". Employees that have been there for years (20+ years of service is quite common) say its a stable company. The company sincerely cares about the community. There are a few little perks that I've not found at other South Florida companies.

Cons

The executive level is a good old boys network. White male dominant (European-Americans and fair skinned Latin Americans). Very, very conservative. Also, if you're an IT professional, run away. This isn't the company for you.

Advice to Management

its one thing to speak about diversity. Its another thing to have women and minorities in executive positions. Fix the data/update the data systems and you'll get better quality data.